Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmastime in the City

Today my suitemates and I went to the city! We had such a great time doing lots of fun things! First, a few of us went ice skating at Bryant Park. I've always wanted to ice skate in the city and I'm so glad that we ended up going. At first we weren't sure if we would because the line seemed really long, but it was only a very short wait before we were able to skate. We ate lunch and then went to Chelsea Market! The market was really neat and beautifully decorated for the holidays. We then headed to Times Square and shopped in the new Forever 21 for a couple of hours. The store has 4 different floors filled with clothes. I ended up buying a blue sweater and a multicolored scarf. I can't wait to wear them! After that we went to the Stardust Diner for dinner. We had to wait around 40 minutes to actually get in the place, but it was worth it! The diner's wait staff are actors and actresses who are practicing to be in Broadway musicals. They are constantly performing and singing to the customers and it was a lot of fun! At the end of our trip we went to Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree :) That was probably my favorite part of the day. Here are some of the better pictures we took.

Chelsea Market
Ice Skating at Bryant Park
Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center

No comments:

Post a Comment